You find the programmes linked here below:
Part one: The human torpedo
Part two: Stormy Mondays.
Concerning the verbs we first repeat the present tense (in Swedish "presens").
- En sak som man ofta glömmer bort är att man måste lägga till + s vid he, she eller it, eller andra ord som motsvaras av dessa pronomen, t ex the baby = it.
- Verbet be har i presens olika verbformer för alla personer; I am; you are; he/ she/ it is; we are; you (ni) are; they are.
- Om verbet slutar på konsonant + y omvandlas detta y till ie när man lägger på ändelser, t ex cry blir cries när man lägger på ändelsen -s.
1 Lockie lives in Australia.
They _______ in Australia
2 Lockie and his family move to a new town.
The family _____ to an new town, Angelus.
3 His father is the new police chief.
Lockie and his brother _______ new in school.
4 They dislike their house.
The mother ________ the house a lot.
5 The baby sister cries.
Lockie's brother ______ out loud when he sings.
6 Lockie starts high school.
Lockie's father _____ his new job.
7 Lockie falls and the surf board hits him.
The surfers _____. Boof ___ Lockie off the board.
8 Lockie meets a boy, Egg, at the beach.
Lockie, this brother and his father ___ the preacher.
9 Lockie and his younger brother sleep in the same room.
The baby sister ______ in her cot.
Go to this web site for more exercises with verbs. Choose simple present this time.
- Diary: Pretend you are Lockie and he sits down and writes in his diary about his experiences. Present your diary text in your blog.
- Interview; Pair / group work: Pretend a newspaper reporter interviews some of the Leonard family members. Record your interview and present it on your blogs.
- Newspaper article: Pretend a newspaper reporter writes about something that has happened in the film.
- Drama; Pair / group work: Act out a scene from the film or make up a new alternative scene where you solve a situation in a new way.